I worry about you



Have you ever had a friend that worries you?

The kind that goes off the radar. Every 6 months they come back into your life and when you are used to them texting you everyday and then suddenly one fine day poof.

I miss that person so much

But I can't contact them because something happened and they shut me out. And it's not their fault. It's mine. I am so happy when they are happy I forget to remind myself. That they are not always Happy. Happiness is not an emotion but a lease with a short time period.

I am a horrible friend. They need me and all I can do is sit and write a blog.

But I dont know what to  do. I'm not a trained professional. Nor do they want to see a trained professional. I feel like they are always there for me. 

But I don't how to help them.. Everything I say seems cheesy and non helpful

I say " It's going to be okay"

But in my head I sound like every tumblr post that mocks my friend's struggle.

I feel useless. I tell him every night I love him. He sees the message. Every night for 6 months with no reply. I know it's cheesy. But I am stumped.

"Let me in" I shout

She looks at me.I can see her fighting. She's trying her best. she's not lazy or ungrateful. She's a warrior. Nothing about her fight is pretty. It's people around her never understanding. It's 4 am struggles where he promises himself, he will get through the night. It's friends like me who can never understand them.

I worry about them.

I want to know how to help them. But sadly I sit in school learning the Pythagoras theorem but not how to help my friend with mental health. Kids are taught about wars and policies but not mental health. Mental Health Awareness should be a part of schools.  5 year old Tim with intellectual disability should not be mocked but his condition explained and make kids understand that Tim needs kindness and patience.

Adults with depression and Teens with anxiety should not be called weak. Educate people about Mental Health.Please it's about goddamn time.

World I worry about you <3

Comments